Friday, January 29, 2010

It has been a while since I posted - can't believe January is almost over. For the most part this has been a dreary month but this week I have enjoyed the warm sunny days and not having to wear a heavy coat. After being out with just a sweater today hard to believe that between tomorrow night and Saturday we are supposed to get 5" - 8" of snow, at least it is supposed to be a dry snow so hopefully it will go away quickly. I still love snow days and keep waking to peek out the window during the night to see when it starts but I just want it not to hang around to long. I remember once I had a student move here that had never seen snow and she was so excited when there was a forecast for it. When we got back to school I asked how she liked it and I'll never forget how she admonished me with "Mrs. King you never told me that snow was cold".

A couple of weeks ago my sister and I went on our annual knitting retreat to Clarksville with my knitting group - they are the best group of women anyone could want to spend time with and I am so lucky that I met them when I retired from teaching. Linda and Issy did a great job of organizing the weekend - we knitted, laughed a lot and shared the most relaxing weekend. Our hotel, there are only two in town, is right on Kerr Lake and it was neat because near shore the lake was frozen. It rained early Sunday morning and a fog engulfed the bridge - what a neat sight.

I have two FO's -I finished my Daria purse that I started at last years retreat and the prayer shawl for my church. I am currently working on a KAL dishcloth.



I've been going to physical therapy 2 and 3 times a week for a pulled hip flexor and who knows what is wrong with my knee. I wish I had listened to my mother when I was younger and been gentler with my joints. The hip is improving but not the knee so I will see my orthopedist in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment