Monday, June 29, 2009

Myrtle Beach - 3 days away

We will be heading to Myrtle Beach on Thursday to visit my father-in-law and we're taking our Winnebago and staying at the Myrtle Beach RV park. It is right on the ocean and under a mile from a campground we used to camp at when we were kids, which has the longest fishing pier on the East Coast - more about that later.

Last weekend Gerald washed and waxed her and she is all pretty and shiny. Yesterday afternoon we packed linens, made the bed and cleaned out and rearranged the outside compartments- we had a lot of things we never used and everything is now more efficient.
This will be our first trip since our new floor was put in, now the only carpet is under the slide and in the drivers part of the cabin.
I plan to knit on the way down. I would like to finish my Daria purse, http://www.ravelry.com/projects/christinak/daria-purse, on this trip - I already packed it up. I know I won't knit a lot while I am there or at least until after the sun sets because if the sun is out and it is warm or hot I will be outside.
I packed my fishing poles, too. I like to fish more than Gerald does but he keeps me company, takes the fish off the hook, cleans and cooks them - what more can a girl ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy! We haven't been to MB in a couple of years now. I do love that yarn you're using for your bag, and I look forward to seeing the finished version!

    ReplyDelete